Territory Sales Engineer
Perks to this role:
• Exposed to cutting edge technology.
• Exposed to new fields and new applications all the time. Great way for an engineer to always be learning!
Position is work from home. But candidate needs to reside in the Chicagoland area.
Territory: Illinois, Missouri, and Iowa.
• Majority of clients are in the Chicagoland area.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree-Electrical and mechanical Engineering.
• Relevant Industries:
o Energy transmission: generators, storage, etc.
o Automation: variable frequency, PLC, etc.
o Industrial machines and robotics: robotic arms, agriculture trucks, etc.
o Transportation: railway (connectors on a train).
o Relevant Industries/Companies to recruit out of: Kuka, Siemens, Ethan, Emerson, Rockwell Automation, John Deere, etc.
o Competitors to recruit out of: TE Connectivity, Molex, Phoenix Contact, etc.
• 4+ years of experience as an Application Engineer, Remote Support Engineer, Field Support Engineer, Service Engineering, Sales Engineer, Sales Application Engineer, etc.
• Must have a technical background, but be comfortable and enjoy being customer facing.
• When meeting with customers they often walk the shop floor, look at different applications, and helps the customers problem solve and find viable solutions.
• 70%-80% of the sales calls are “warm” calls within specific assigned accounts, 20%-30% of the time are “colder calls” to new potential customers.
• Generally, each Territory Sales Engineers have 10-12 target accounts in their territory.
• KPIs: 35 face-to-face customer visits weekly. Currently these are done via MS Teams, but in the long term they hope to go back to more on-site customer meetings.
o Weekly schedule: M (home office), T-TH (client visits/travel), and F (home office).
o Client meetings:
Design Engineering: Meeting with design and electrical engineers.
Research and Development: Concept design with R&D.
Supply Chain: Many “buyers” are in the supply chain space.
• Sales cycles are long and this person needs to understand that wins and progress can take a while, so you need to be patient and have a consultative approach.
• Need to be motivated, hungry, driven, determined, and passionate people. Must have an entrepreneurial mind-set.
• Must be likable, charismatic, and builds rapport easily.
• Microsoft Office, CRM-Microsoft Dynamics, and ERP-SAP. They will train on Microsoft Dynamics and SAP.