Wed, Oct 20|
Developing Your Personal Board of Directors
A personal board of directors is a small group of people that you go to for support and advice on advancing your career. Ideally consisting of individuals who have a strong personal and professional interest in seeing you flourish and succeed. But how to get one? That's what we'll be discussing!
Time & Location
Oct 20, 2021, 12:00 PM – 1:00 PM
About the Event
- Open Doors & Expand Your Network: Every individual who sits on your board holds the key to doors that otherwise may be closed to you. They can be your door to key business contacts, prospects, and others who can help you.
- Provide Support: Your personal board of directors will not only help you in hard times, but will also be there to celebrate successes and the milestones of your career. This group of allies will put their arms around you in good times and bad.
- Develop You: You will learn a lot from just modeling, observing and watching competent, smart, versatile individuals apply principles and exercise skills in real life.
- Coach & Challenge: It’s not just a matter of sharing their views; the very best board members will actively challenge you and ask the really hard questions about your grand strategy and plans. This will help you discover and get clear on the potential flaws in your plan.
- Advocate for You: Your board members can act as an advocate for you. They can sell your skills and experience to hiring managers on the lookout for talent. They can perhaps get you into key meetings, make sure you take the right training and make it onto the high potential list.
And most importantly, they can hold you accountable for your actions and behavior impacting your professional performance.