Wed, Jan 13|
Managing vs. Leading, What is the Difference?
"The Courage of Leadership is giving others the chance to succeed even though you bear the responsibility of getting things done" - Simon Sinek
Time & Location
Jan 13, 2021, 12:00 PM – 1:00 PM
About the Event
An interactive event focused on helping you learn the difference between being a manager and being a leader.
We all want to feel inspired and enjoy what we do at work. We want to lead teams that are engaged and bring value to the organization. We want to be excited about what we do and feel fulfilled when the day is over. Some people do not believe this is possible. However, in many successful companies, great leaders create environments in which people feel appreciated, fulfilled, and inspired. Teams where people want to work together and do remarkable things.
Break out of the old managing teams mentality and join us as we discover the difference between being a manager and a leader. As we talk about how to inspire others to do great things and feel inspired yourself. Defining Leaders has effectively worked with 100's of individuals in our free weekly online events where we actively engage and discover keys to success. Why are some managers doomed to fail or have teams that are disengaged, disingenuous, and individualistic, where others develop organizations that trust each other so deeply they would literally put their lives on the line for each other?
Great Leaders realize 1 key thing: As Simon Sinek says, "It is not the genius at the top giving directions that makes people great. It is great people that make the guy (or gal ;)) at the top look like a genius."
Too many workplaces are driven by cynicism, paranoia, and self-interest. But the best ones foster trust and cooperation because their leaders build trust and understanding.
This interactive session is designed to help you understand some of the key differentiators between a leader and a manager. In this session we will:
- Discover the key differentiators between Leaders and Managers
- Open up ourselves about how we've perceived and lived these differences and hear the stories of others as well
- Share tools and the process to discover your individual leadership style
- Set you up with a breakout group so you can work on developing strong leadership skills
We love helping to connect people and help them share their passion! Over the last year, we've connected with 100's of individuals looking to be stronger leaders. We love it when they were using those ideas to ignite positive change in their and other organizations. We were so impressed with their work, and want to continue the journey with you! Join us this week as we work to inspire people and advance our vision.
Before you go
- This class will be hosted on Zoom for 1 hour and include breakout rooms where you will be interacting with other participants.
- Your individual link will be emailed to you after you register.
- Due to limited seating in each class, we recommend registering asap.
- This class recording will not be distributed.